It's 1966, which is, lest we forget, the year England won the World Cup for the first (and only) time. Needless to say, Lane and his fellow expats are well pleased. So pleased, in fact, that Lane manages to bag a Jaguar account for himself. Pete snorts in derision at the impudence of Lane thinking he could do an ad man's job. (OK, he maybe didn't snort, but he made his feelings perfectly clear).
Meanwhile, Trudy cajoles Don and Megan into attending a dinner party out in the suburbs, which actually ends up being more fun than it sounds. Or maybe that's just because Don takes his suit off and fixes a sink. Kidding aside, I always think it's interesting when the show reminds us where Don comes from. I guess because he always seems so put together and upper crust, it's cool when you see him talk about growing up on a farm or fix something.
Anyway, Don, Roger, and Pete decide that it would be a good idea to take the guy from Jaguar out for a night on the town. He expresses his desire to just have a fun night, and they let Roger pick where to go. Surprise surprise, they end up in a whorehouse. Whore apartment?
But the next day, Jaguar guy gets in horrible trouble with his wife because he got caught with chewing gum on his pubis. WHO DOESN'T CHECK THAT?? So he's not going to be able to work with them anymore, and Lane is pissed off that they would interfere with his account. Pete makes one too many disparaging remarks and OMG OMG did Lane just because a badass while I wasn't looking? Because he's going to fight Pete. I never realized the great need I had in my life to see Pete Campbell get the crap kicked out of him until this very moment.
Well done, sir. Oh captain my captain. Well, that has to meet Lane's badass quota for the season, right?
Wait WHAT WHAT WHAT Lane just kissed Joan!!! Check out the mother f***ing balls on this guy!
So that's pretty much it. Lane: 50000000, The Rest of Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce: 0.
Oh, and Pete hits on a high school students. It's awkward and sad. No big.
- Ugh why is Lane's wife back? As much as I love Miss Honey, she's kind of a bitch here.
- How in the world does Kenny work in that office and stay so good-natured and well-adjusted?? I love that he still writes. And that he's married to Alex Mack.
- Did anyone else have an issue with the teenager Pete flirts with? I don't know what the problem was, either she isn't a very good actress, or maybe she just comes off too modern in her speech? There was something off about it.
- Dear sweet Jesus Pete has some ugly ass clothes. And Don in a plaid sport coat?? I need some eye bleach.
- Best line of the night? "I know cooler heads should prevail, but am I the only one who wants to see this?" NO. NO YOU'RE NOT, ROGER.
EDIT: Also, I want to wallpaper my house with this GIF.